This multi-disciplinary course is suitable for those who have completed their RCGP Drugs Part 1 in the last 3 years and wish to build upon the skills and knowledge gained and enhance their learning. This training encompasses new topics with the revised guidance published in the 2017 Orange Guidelines by PHE (Public Health England).
- Provide an update on the most recent evidence available regarding use, presentation, and management of users with problematic use of new psychoactive substances.
- Understand how changing drug trends are identified and treatment responses to such trends.
- Recognise risk factors for drug-related deaths and appropriate treatment responses.
- Better assess patients’ symptoms of pain with a possible history of prescription medication abuse.
- Understand the principles informing the management of key co-morbid physical and mental health problems.
- Identify the principles of trauma-informed care and how they can inform treatment provision.
- Become aware of the policy and evidence for recent developments in the non-medic prescriber workforce.
- A full RCGP accredited training day.
- Completion of an e-Learning module.
- 10 CPD hours will be gained on completion of this course.
Our virtual courses are designed to deliver an interactive and engaging experience through group discussions and collaborative polls via an online platform. If you are unable to travel to one of our National training events, you can receive high-quality accredited training without leaving your home.
If you have a question or query regarding this course, check out our FAQ page. Couldn’t find what you were looking for? Fill out the enquiry form below and one of our course coordinators will be in touch with you shortly.