MECC is an approach to behaviour change that utilises the millions of day-to-day interactions that organisations and individuals have with other people to support them in making positive changes to their physical and mental health and wellbeing. MECC enables the opportunistic delivery of consistent and concise healthy lifestyle information and enables individuals to engage in conversations about their health at scale throughout organisations and communities.
The fundamental idea underpinning the MECC approach is the recognition of staff across health, local authority and voluntary sectors have thousands of contacts every day with individuals, therefore are ideally placed to promote wellbeing and healthy lifestyles.
- Understand the positive impacts that MECC can have on an individual.
- Describe how MECC fits into secure settings.
- Demonstrate soft skills to support the use of MECC.
- Deliver an overview of the behaviour change theory and understand how to apply a simple behavioural change approach to the individuals that you work with.
- Identify the impact of the five core risk factors to health that MECC recognises.
- Increase your confidence in understanding how to signpost individuals to obtain healthcare advice.
- Recognise how MECC supports the principles of keyworker roles in secure settings.
This course is currently only offered as an in-house training program meaning that it is organised and delivered at your workplace. Please visit our Train Your Team page for more information.
If you have a question or query regarding this course, check out our FAQ page. Couldn’t find what you were looking for? Fill out the enquiry form below and one of our course coordinators will be in touch with you shortly.