To celebrate the launch of Coroners Court Training 'Through the lens of the Clinician & Coroner', we are offering an introductory discount on bookings for this course which means the total cost to you in £299 incl VAT for a limited time only!
40% of deaths are reported to HM Coroner so that they can establish the cause of death. Many of these lead to an Inquest.
The Coroner is expected to open an inquest where there is reasonable suspicion that the deceased has died a violent or unnatural death, where the cause of death is unknown or if the deceased died while in custody or state detention.
As a witness to either the death or after establishing you provided treatment or other contact with the deceased in the time leading up to the death, you may be asked to write a report about your involvement which typically leads to being called to give evidence at the Coroner’s Inquest. This can be a stressful experience for those not used to having questions asked in a court setting about their practice.
This one-day course is compiled by clinicians and HM Coroner to provide a thorough understanding of the Coroners Court process. It is designed to provide you with the core knowledge and skills required to enable you to be a confident and capable witness at a Coroner’s inquest.
How will this course help you, your colleagues, and your staff?
- To provide you with an understanding of what triggers an investigation following a death and the significance of the inquest
- To provide you with a sound knowledge of the investigation and inquest process and the part you will play in that investigation
- To provide you with a thorough understanding of why you have been called upon to give evidence
- Training on how to write a witness statement or report, with practical sessions on report writing
- How to give effective evidence to the Court including how to address the Coroner and responding to direct questioning by legal representatives
- Opportunity to take part in interactive training sessions including videos of how to and how not to act on your day in court, and case scenarios to discuss in group sessions
Who is this course for
Any professional, regardless of seniority, whose practice is subject to a Coroner's Inquest, including: healthcare staff, healthcare managers, social care staff, discipline staff working in prisons, police custody or wider secure environments. In fact, anyone who has been in contact with a deceased person who’s cause of death requires further investigation.
If you have a question or query regarding this course, check out our FAQ page. Couldn’t find what you were looking for? Fill out the enquiry form below and one of our course coordinators will be in touch with you shortly.