This course will enable you to develop competencies relevant to, and suitable for, providing Tier 3 interventions at special interest level. It will equip practitioners with the advanced skills required to meet the needs of more complex drug users, thus fulfilling the role of practitioners with special clinical interest in drug misuse. It is aimed at those who have an interest in the field as leaders and drivers of development.
The materials on this course have been evaluated by the National Addiction Centre and are updated each year to fall in line with the current UK Clinical Guidelines.
- Develop competencies relevant to and suitable for providing interventions at primary care with a ‘special interest’ level.
- Support local colleagues in the care of drug users.
- Become confident in using your knowledge and expertise to facilitate local training and education sessions.
- Improve the confidence of practitioners in the management and support of patients with drug use problems.
- 9-month long course - equivalent to Masters Level (QCA Level 7) study.
- Attend 3 face-to-face training days.
- Minimum of 6 self-directed study days.
- Completion of 5 pieces of written work.
- Completion of Professional Development Portfolio to Assessment Board.
- Assessment viva with tutor.
Applications for the Autumn 2023 course intake are now closed. Applications for Autumn 2024 will open in December 2023.
Please note, you will need to submit an application and be approved for this course before you book on.
Download Minimum Entry Requirements
Download Course Summary
Download Programme Agenda
Download Drugs Part 2 Application
Register your interest!
Let us know your interested in this course and we will contact you when we are opening the applications again.