This multi-disciplinary course is ideal for those working as part of a shared care scheme intending to provide treatment to drug users as part of a locally or nationally enhanced service. We also offer this course for those working within Secure Environments, so be sure to look out for the [SE] sign when you are looking at course dates to book on to.
Due to the changing nature of the content provided, we highly recommend that this course is completed every 5 years to ensure knowledge is kept up to date.
- Engage individuals in treatment.
- Identify harmful and dependent drug taking.
- Diagnose severity of drug dependence.
- Develop a range of harm reduction strategies.
- Understand treatment options to enable the provision of safe and effective care.
- Become aware of the current policy context regarding recovery.
- Deliver enhanced services for drug users.
- A full RCGP accredited training day.
- Completion of an e-Learning module, accessible here.
- 10 CPD hours will be gained on completion of this course.
It may take up to 3 days for your account details to be sent to you via email. Please also check your junk folder.
Our virtual courses are designed to deliver an interactive and engaging experience through group discussions and collaborative polls via an online platform. If you are unable to travel to one of our National training events, you can receive high-quality accredited training without leaving your home.
If you have a question or query regarding this course, check out our FAQ page. Couldn’t find what you were looking for? Fill out the enquiry form below and one of our course coordinators will be in touch with you shortly.