This multi-disciplinary course is ideal for those working as part of a shared care scheme intending to provide treatment to drug users as part of a locally or nationally enhanced service.
Due to the changing nature of the content provided, we highly recommend that this course is completed every 5 years to ensure knowledge is kept up to date.
- Engage individuals in treatment.
- Identify harmful and dependent drug taking.
- Diagnose severity of drug dependence.
- Develop a range of harm reduction strategies.
- Understand treatment options to enable the provision of safe and effective care.
- Become aware of the current policy context regarding recovery.
- Deliver enhanced services for drug users.
- A full RCGP accredited training day.
- Completion of an e-Learning module, accessible here.
- 10 CPD hours will be gained on completion of this course.
It may take up to 3 days for your account details to be sent to you via email. Please also check your junk folder.
Our virtual courses are designed to deliver an interactive and engaging experience through group discussions and collaborative polls via an online platform so you can receive high-quality accredited training without leaving your home.
To gain your RCGP Accredited Certificate of Completion, you must ensure you have completed the following:
- Paid in full for the course prior to the training day
- Attend a full Training day - missing any part of the training day will mean we are unable to mark you as attended and you will be ineligible for certification
- Complete the eLearning module with an overall pass score of 70% or above
- Compete and submit the feedback for the course, located on the eLearning site
If you have a question or query regarding this course, check out our FAQ page. Couldn’t find what you were looking for? Fill out the enquiry form below and one of our course coordinators will be in touch with you shortly.