The misuse of alcohol is a serious health issue of national concern with evidence of significant harms caused by misuse in the UK and worldwide. Dealing with the consequences of physical and mental health and the impact on society is a challenge for everybody working in healthcare.
This certificated training has been developed in response to increasing demand for education in the treatment for alcohol misuse.
The training course aims to improve participants’ understanding of alcohol-related problems and equips participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to manage their patients and supporting carers.
- Identify alcohol related harm and dependent drinking.
- Diagnose severity of alcohol dependence.
- Understand and describe treatment options.
- Develop skills to effectively treat problem drinking.
- Deliver enhanced services for problem drinkers.
- A full face-to-face RCGP accredited training day.
- Completion of an e-Learning module, accessible here.
- 10 CPD hours will be gained on completion of this course.
It may take up to 3 days for your account details to be sent to you via email. Please also check your junk folder.
Our virtual courses are designed to deliver an interactive and engaging experience through group discussions and collaborative polls via an online platform. If you are unable to travel to one of our National training events, you can receive high-quality accredited training without leaving your home.
If you have a question or query regarding this course, check out our FAQ page. Couldn’t find what you were looking for? Fill out the enquiry form below and one of our course coordinators will be in touch with you shortly.